Tuesday, July 22, 2014

List From My Childhood

Since I missed blogging yesterday with a story from my childhood, I figured I'd make it up by posting a list from my childhood.

This is the list of things I wanted to be when I grew up. I always, always wanted to be a teacher, but there were a few times when I thought about how fun it would be to have "fill in the blank" occupation. This is the list of jobs I thought about - some more seriously than others.

*Teacher (check)
*Author (still a dream)
*School Bus Driver (so I could be with kids but sit and eat chips all day - like my bus driver)
*McDonald's Worker (I would practice saying "Would you like fries with that?")
*Handyman (cuz I was good at getting the paper towels unstuck in the school bathroom)
*Actress (specifically on the show Barney)
*Game show host (I could be the next Alex Trebek, right?)
*Worksheet Designer (See previous blog post on this topic)
*Discovery Toys Sales Rep (Their toys were the coolest!)
*Librarian (Who doesn't want to be surrounded by books all day?)
*Lawyer (I was once told by a peer that I am good at arguing - and she meant it as a compliment)
*Kids' TV Show Host (The same peer that said I was good at arguing also said I would make a good kids' show host - apparently I wanted to do everything she suggested - I have more examples of wanting to copy her - I think she may be the topic of another blog post??)

No comments:

Post a Comment