Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Caroline Cayenne

We had a post all about Daisy so now here is a post all about Caroline.

Caroline is a sweet little girl. Yesterday I was a little stressed trying to get the house cleaned up, etc. Caroline looks at me and says, "What are you feeling?" I told her I was sad and she told me that should would help clean so I can feel better. Every few minutes she would ask "You feel better yet?" She'll also randomly say things like, "Mom, I love you."

She takes dance classes on Monday afternoons and she loves it. She takes gymnastics on Wednesday mornings and she loves it. And for 3 weeks, she has basketball for 3 and 4 year olds on Tuesday/Thursday and she hates it. Having her do basketball has brought out a new side of her. Of about 50 kids, she is one of like 6 girls and she is probably the smallest of all of them too. They have the kids divided into groups and she is BY FAR the smallest in her group. Also, she isn't very good at basketball. All of a sudden my smart, confident, happy child has become timid, scared, and clingy. I think this is going to be a really good experience for her. I don't like watching her struggle, but it's important that she learns to try new things, fail, struggle and learn - especially when it's in a controlled environment with mom watching (but not hovering) for when she really can't handle it. She is definitely getting an ice cream treat when the class is over for being so brave. A couple of the boys in her group have been telling her she is too little and that she's a baby that wears a diaper (since we send her in a pull-up). Today we let her go to class in underwear and she even told her teacher (and then me) that she needed to go potty - and she waited until she was on the potty before peeing! Success! I think it's time to only have her wear pull-ups for naps and bed (but I will always have a spare pair of clothes close at hand.)

Moving on from basketball....Caroline has four little stuffed animals each about 7 inches tall that she calls her "buddies." They each have their own name too, but the group is called "her buddies." She carries them around the house and Ryan has given each one it's own voice and she is constantly telling Ryan to "make my buddies talk." They have a bed of pillows in our front room where they sleep and she puts them to bed and they even have their own nightlight. Sometimes she reads books to them too - I need to try and get video of that.

We have a tablet that has been deemed Caroline's and she is always wanting to play on her "ipad." Daniel Tiger, Super Why and Palace Pets are some her her favorite apps.

Caroline likes to pretend she is a toy doctor like Doc McStuffins and will help her toys out. Sometimes she throws surprise birthday parties for her toys.

Caroline is working hard on learning her letters. She's pretty close to being able to identify the uppercase letters and I think she is learning some of the lowercase too from Super Why.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are a million more things I could say, but I guess this is it for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment