Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Stories From My Childhood: The Goat Incident

I remember this time that my family went to a farm-type-place of some sort (maybe Grant's Farm in St. Louis?) There was a pen of goats. Visitors were allowed to go into the pen and feed the goats. I was scared and didn't want to go in. After all, I am the girl that was terrified of dogs until I owned one as an adult, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I was scared to feed a goat. So my mom and Matthew go in to feed the goats and my dad stays with me on the outside of the pen to watch my mom and Matthew. (Not sure where Rachel was - and Chip and Melissa weren't born yet). As I am watching Matthew feed the goats, I look down and see that a goat has poked his head through the wooden posts of the pen and is chewing on my shirt! (Not just any shirt - my favorite purple shirt! The nerve of that goat!!!) I totally freaked out!! And for the rest of the day I had a wet spot of goat slobber on my shirt to remind me of the traumatizing incident. I sure hope that goat got swallowed by an old lady to catch a dog (that was swallowed to catch a cat that was swallowed to catch a bird that was swallowed to catch a fly).

No comments:

Post a Comment