Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Stories from my childhood: Invisible Boyfriend

When I was a kid - maybe 10 or 12 - I would dream about having a boyfriend someday. Sometimes I would even pretend that I was older and had an invisible boyfriend. Invisible Boyfriend and I would hang out, talk lovey-dovey to each other, and kiss. (Yes, I would act out kissing my invisible boyfriend. No judging.) During some of my pretend make-out sessions, sometimes Invisible Boyfriend would take his invisible shirt off. I would get mad at Invisible Boyfriend for being inappropriate, break up with him and send him home. (And then, pretend to cry over our break up because I liked Invisible Boyfriend so much and wished he had just made better choices).

I told this story to Ryan and his reaction was: Oh my gosh! You fantasized about being moral!! No wonder you like watching 7th Heaven so much; it's a TV Drama about being moral.

Maybe my parent's nickname for me of Moral Compass is more fitting that I wanted to admit as a teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment