Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dreams of Mischief: Storage Locker Auctions

A new segment to the blog: Dreams of Mischief. It's fun to think about the goofy mischievous things that I could do. These are things that I would never actually do - but boy do I have fun thinking about how funny it would be if I did do them.

Today: Storage Locker Auctions.

Have you seen the TV show Storage Wars? Or Auction Hunters? In these shows, people bid on and buy the items inside abandoned storage lockers. They bid based only on what they can see from looking at the items from outside: no touching and no going inside.

I would love to rent a storage locker and then abandon it so it ends up at auction. Inside I would have nice plastic totes, file boxes and safes. I would label the boxes with various things to make the auction bidders think there are great treasures inside when really all the boxes will be completely empty (except maybe a note saying things like: Try again later, fooled you, HA HA HA, etc)

Box labels might include:

Antiques
Coin Collection
Stocks and Bonds
Certificates of Authenticity
Sports Memorabilia
From Great-grandma
Comic Books
Silver Set

No comments:

Post a Comment