Monday, January 14, 2013

Book #1 for 2013: Band of Sisters: Coming Home

First book for the year: read! Band of Sisters: Coming Home by Annette Lyon. Such a good book. I highly recommend it (though you should probably read the first book -  Band of Sisters - first.) Oh so good!!!

It is an LDS fiction book about 5 military families. The first book (read it last year) is about 5 military wives during a year of deployment. Coming Home takes place after the soldier husbands come home.

Anyway...I'm not so great with writing book reviews...I never know quite what to say, what not to say, etc. so hopefully this blog post won't be completely lame.

After I read the first book last year, I wrote a letter to the author (are you surprised??) I expressed my concern about how the storyline ended for one of the characters and that I felt the "solution" to the character's problem was not a good one and would teach women poor ways to deal with this particular situation. (I wish I had a copy of the letter still.) The author e-mailed me back and said that the end of the book is not the end of the character's story and that she is even considering writing a sequel that would go into more detail of all the character's lives. So when I heard about the sequel, I instantly sent a request into my local library for them to acquire a copy - which they did - and I got to be the first library patron to read that copy of the book (how often does that happen with library books?)

Anyway...now I recommend the book to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment