Friday, November 30, 2012

Social Experiment

I've always wondered: When do you start/stop saying "Happy New Year"? Can you only say it on New Year's Day? What about Dec. 31st and Jan 2? What about Jan 3? 4? 5? 6? When would weird looks be thrown your way?

This year, I am going to attempt to answer that question. Starting tomorrow (December 1st) I'm going to start using the phrase "Happy New Year." I'll say it to people to whom you would normally say "Have a nice day" and "Happy Holidays". I'm going to watch reactions and see when people stop giving me weird looks (because I'm assuming I'll get weird looks on Dec. 1) and then see when I start getting weird looks again after the new year. And I shall keep my blog readers posted on how it goes.

So, lovely blog readers, as my first "test subjects," Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment